Faculty, students to return to Kenya; info sessions are June 4 and 5
Western Washington University student Susanna Jorgenson, center, works with students at the Ombogo Girls Academy in Kochia, Kenya. Photo courtesy of the Center for Service-Learning.
Western Washington University faculty members and students will conduct an international service-learning experience in Kenya during winter quarter 2014.
Through this faculty-led study abroad course students will:
- Learn about culture, politics and development in rural Kenya
- Engage in meaningful service-learning projects to support local development initiatives
- Explore sustainable international partnerships
- Actively live and contribute in a global society
- Apply learning for positive social change
More information, including the application, can be found on the Kenya program website. Those interested may attend one of the following information sessions to learn more:
- Noon Tuesday, June 4, in Viking Union Room 462 A
- 3 p.m. Tuesday, June 4, in College Hall Room 137
- Noon Wednesday, June 5, in Viking Union Room 462 A
Applications are due June 7. Contact Tim Costello at the Center for Service-Learning for more details.
For more information on other faculty-led study abroad programs, visit www.wwu.edu/travelprograms.