Western students to study in Kenya winter quarter
Western Washington University faculty and students will travel to Kenya during winter quarter 2014 for an international service-learning experience in Kenya.
Through this faculty-led study abroad course students will:
- Learn about culture, politics and development in rural Kenya
- Engage in meaningful service-learning projects to support local development initiatives
- Explore sustainable international partnerships
- Actively live and contribute in a global society
- Apply learning for positive social change
Students interested in learning more about the program may attend one of the following information sessions:
- Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, in Viking Union Room 462A
- 4 to 5 p.m. Thursday, May 23, in College Hall Room 137
- 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 28, in College Hall Room 137
- 3 to 4 p.m. Thursday, May 30, in College Hall Room 137
Applications are due June 2. Contact Tim Costello at the Center for Service-Learning for more details.
For more information on other faculty-led study abroad programs, visit www.wwu.edu/travelprograms.