After breakfast, Shepard delivers annual address
Click each image for a larger version and for cutline information.
After hundreds of faculty and staff gathered for a complimentary breakfast in the Viking Commons, Western Washington University President Bruce Shepard delivered his annual convocation address to faculty and staff Wednesday morning.
In his address, Shepard posed several questions for Western to address as it seeks to create a brighter future for Washington.
A video of the president's speech is available online here (Shepard's remarks begin at 19:30, after the presentation of the annual awards for faculty and staff). The full text of Shepard's speech is available here.
The faculty and staff award winners who were recognized are:
- Outstanding Faculty Leadership: Kevin Leonard, History
- Diversity Achievement Award: Steven Sulkin, Shannon Point Marine Center
- Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award: Aysha Kloub, Fairhaven College
- Outstanding Classified Staff: Susan Cahill, Woodring College of Education
- Professional Staff Award for Excellence: David Davidson, Border Policy Research
- Philip E. Sharpe, Jr. Community Engagement Award: David Willett, Facilities Development/Capital Budget
- Team Recognition Award: Multi-Purpose Field Team (Mark Bagley, Linda Beckman, Rick Benner, Mark Brovak, Steve Brummel, Athletics Steven Card, Travis Connell, Clark Cripps, Lynda Goodrich, Teresa Hart, Tamara Jansen, Adam Leonard, Barbara Lewis Pete Lockhart, Sally McKechnie, Justin Moore, Sara Nichols, Kunle Ojikutu, Sara Richards, Diana Rosen, Marie Sather, Ed Simpson, Amy Suiter, Brian Sullivan, Mike Ulrich, David Willett)